Narnia RPG
Hello! Welcome to Narnia RPG. Stay a while, chat and get Role-Playing!
-Staff
Narnia RPG
Hello! Welcome to Narnia RPG. Stay a while, chat and get Role-Playing!
-Staff
Narnia RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run with the true, race with the evil...it's your decision.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Rules and list of species
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 pm by caspianhawk83

» Introductions Thread
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm by Martin Lealswerd

» Randomness Thread
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 pm by Desi Reyes

» Seeing Centaurs and Creatures
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:55 am by Daniel Flence

» Daniel Frence
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:30 am by Daniel Flence

» Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm by Martin Lealswerd

» Adjusting...
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:04 pm by Martin Lealswerd

» The Banning Game IN.CHAR
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 pm by Martin Lealswerd

» The Notes Game
Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 pm by Martin Lealswerd

Seasons
The season is FALL! Its getting cooler, and in early morning you can see your breath. frost is often seen and the days grow shorter
Important Updates
Join the Hoard or the Seekers
camps in Narnia. We are low on Hoard and Neutral, though we aren't forcing you to be one of those.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affilates
The Life of a Demigod Robin and Marian RPG Mythworld RPG Phantom Academy RPG Neverland RPG Hogwarts Magic RPG
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affilates
The Life of a Demigod Robin and Marian RPG Mythworld RPG Phantom Academy RPG Neverland RPG Hogwarts Magic RPG
Affilates

Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

Narnian Coins : 4637

Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) Empty
PostSubject: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:55 am

Martin chose his steps carefully. Crossing a river via a fallen log is something of an art. It can also cost you your life if you're not careful. He reached the other side, and jumped down. Would this forest never end? As he stepped into a clearing, he stopped and rubbed his eyes. Was that a lamp? Who would put a lamp in the middle of the forest?

Martin sighed. Narnia was less friendly than he'd thought it would be. After two weeks wandering in the woods he'd yet to see anyone. Not a faun, nor a dryad, not even a talking beast! "Blast," he muttered to himself.

"Caw! Caw!"

He looked around and saw nothing. Then he looked up. There was a raven staring at him from a nearby tree.
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

Narnian Coins : 5112

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Mayana Ricochet flew through the sky in her beautiful raven form, forgetting her worries. Forgetting about being a Hoard Leader; the leader of the very group she'd fought against not so long ago. With Charlie... her best friend. Or former best friend, which was more truthful.

She flew lower, flitting through the trees and nipping at fruits, laughing as they fell. She was tempted to knock a few nests out of their perch too, but was too frightened of being attacked. What if she was badly hurt and shifted back to human form out of instinct? That would be painful.

She heard a raven yell a swear word, and stared. Was it directed at her? Stupid dumb animal, probably didn't realise she could understand it when she shifted. Amusing really. She did a u-turn in mid-air and quickly dived for it, beak first. The fear in its' eyes told her it wasn't about to move, but just as she was about to seriously injure it; it quickly stepped to the side.

Mayana was going too fast to stop and ended up flying straight into some boy that was just standing around. She instinctively changed back into her human form and screamed as she fell on top of him.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Martin stared in shock for one split second before he hit the ground. Had that raven just turned into a girl? He looked at the person that lay sprawled on top of him. Yes, definitely a girl, or rather, a young woman. "Do you Narnians always greet visitors this way?" The girl remained oddly silent. He picked himself up, and then offered the girl his hand. "That's better, isn't it?" The girl, who had black hair and gray eyes, said nothing. "You don't talk much do you? Care to apologize for falling on me?” The silence continued. “Are you Narnians always so rude?”
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:23 pm

((I'm not going to make you type it up again, but just a heads up; saying that someone is silent is also kinda godmodding Razz Never mind.))

Mayana blushed a little when the boy asked if Narnians always greeted people that way, but she turned her head so he wouldn't see. No way would she let on that she was embarrassed. She wasn't to blame at all, it was that stupid crow. She could easily shift the blame onto the boy too - he shouldn't have been standing there, should he? Should've been watching out for unsuspecting birds, shouldn't he? Inconsiderate little...

He offered her his hand but she just glared at it and stood up herself. He asked her a few questions after that, but the only one that caught her attention was the last one. Rude? If there was one thing she wasn't, it was rude... well, she didn't like to be accused of it anyway.

"Excuse me, but you were the one standing in stupid places," she said snootily, folding her arms with her nose in the air.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Martin was rather taken aback by her reply. His fault? How dare she! Then again, perhaps he should have chosen a better place to stand. She looked so determinedly indignant that he laughed aloud. "Perhaps it was foolish of me." He bowed deeply. "I beg milady's pardon. Would it be too forward of me to ask milady's name?" As he spoke he looked her over. The young woman in front of him was beautiful, with waist-length hair, dark as a raven's. 'Lovely', he thought. 'Rather like that painting of mother when she was young...' But no, he wouldn't remember that; couldn't remember that.
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Mayana turned back to the stranger and stared, a confused expression on her face.
"Are you taking the mick?" she asked incredulously. Was this person so stupid to actually think it was his fault? Why would he possibly say such a ridiculous thing? She rolled her eyes. Men.
"It's Mayana," she said casually, her tone flat. "Mayana and you will call me nothing but Mayana. Not May. Not Maya. Not Ana. You will address me as as Mayana, is that clear?" she asked, putting her hands on her hips. "You could also call me Leader or Miss. R. Whatever floats your boat from those options," she said in somewhat nicer tones, waving a hand again.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 am

'So much for kindness...' he thought. 'Women, can't appreciate a common courtesy.' Aloud, he simply said: "Mayana it is then, my lady. And yes, I am taking the blame. After all, I find one catches more flies with honey than with vinegar; not that you are fly, you understand. Pray tell, why should I call you leader? Whom or what do you lead? I've heard of turmoil here in Narnia- are you its cause or its end?” A valid question, he thought. After all, even a girl so young as this could easily be part of Narnia's troubles- especially considering that temper...
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Mayana just stared at the boy with her same incredulous expression. This person was strange, period. She was about to just shapeshift into a raven and fly off without another word to him, but some interesting questions caught her attention. Her confused face changed into one of smug pride and she folded her arms again, smirking.
"Because I am a leader. I am Mayana Ricochet, leader of the Hoard!" she cackled, throwing her arms up into the air and cleverly shapeshifting bits of her arms back and forth, shooting dark feathers into the air.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:19 am

Martin drew his sword in shock and disbelief as feathers flew all around him. "This place is crazier than I'd thought," he muttered to himself. "What is this Hoard? What reason do I have to join with you?" Martin was about to continue his questions when he looked into Mayana's eyes; those deep, lovely green eyes. Something changed. He saw something he wanted; something he needed. His sword-point lowered, and fell to the ground. He knelt on one knee before her. "I am but yours to command, my lady, if you'll have me.”
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Mayana stared at him in utter disbelief. What was wrong with this boy?
"Where have you been the past few years? The Hoard is trying to keep our Lord, King Tian pure and untainted, ruling perfectly. There is only order in Narnia," she smiled, the usual garbage she spouted out when trying to get people to join her. Most of it wasn't true, of course. She was the real leader - Tian's "advisor". That sceptre was draining him and he was merely a puppet in her rise to power. It wasn't her fault Charlotte joined the wrong side. Stupid Seekers... the smile faded from her face as she thought about her former friend.

Suddenly, it was as if a spell had come over the boy. Spell... Mayana thought, thinking back to her childhood. She still hadn't decided if she was blessed or cursed. Hm. Normally, she liked this kind of grovelling behaviour... but only when it was earned. Only when she tortured them, or got ogres to beat them up until they were at deaths door, until the wolves had mauled each and every member of their family and - anyway. Something was out of place.

"Uh, what are you doing?" she asked, giving him a good kick to the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Martin gazed in slack-jawed shock as he landed on his back, his sword several feet away. "I am swearing loyalty to you. I am yours to command." She looked lovely, even from this angle, although, now that he thought about it, the look on her face was a cross between anger an confusion. That something was still in her eyes. What was it? Compassion? Pity? Friendship? Generosity? Kindness? Or was it something else? Could it be scorn? He picked himself up, and sheathed his sword. “You've heard my offer; take it or leave it.”
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Mayana Ricochet gave the boy a disgusted look. Why would he have all of a sudden acted like this? It was beyond strange, it was completely ridiculous.
"I leave it. Weak-minded fools have no place in the Hoard. You'd be better of joining those Seekers," she sneered the last part. Oh yes, they were all weak-minded fools over there. This human was made to join them.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:30 am

Martin smiled inwardly. It had worked. Playing the fool is a useful tactic- particularly when you're trying to learn of someone's character. He felt both victorious and sad at once. Mayana didn't seem the sort of girl who was inherently cruel. "I would offer you my friendship Mayana. Is that so strange? I may not be so foolish-or so weak-minded- as I seem. You would do well not reject kindness freely offered. You might come to regret it. So, I ask again, will you have me as a friend? I'm not bad with a sword, and I don't mind being flown into- something you can appreciate.” He winked at the last, hoping his attempts at humour had their desired affect.
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:35 am

Maya sat back down on the rock, and looked up at the tree branch that hung over here. She blew a breath of fresh air, and saw a misty cloud rise up. A precarious leaf fell into her open palm, and she twirled it around.
"Beautiful," she muttered, gazing at its' intricate patterning, it's soft oaky orange colour and it's perfect shape. Then she crumpled it in her fist and merely dropped it. Beautiful things didn't - and shouldn't - last. She knew that much.
"That sounded like a threat, boy. And I don't need friends," she sniffed, standing up again and walking towards the boy. She considered kicking him again, but decided against it. After all he was only being nice. "Nice". What a strange word that is. Sounds like mice. Are mice nice? Are they Hoard members? If so then there name is certainly misleading. She thought, snorting out loud at her own humour.
"You're a mouse," she stated before continuing. "Look, I appreciate the offer; but people like me really shouldn't have friends. I can't trust anyone."
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:54 pm

He watched as she sat, taking in the fresh air, her hair waving in the wind. He watched as she took a leaf in her hand to admire it- only to crumple it up a moment after muttering the word "beautiful". "Is that it?" he thought, "does she scorn beauty and kindness as weakness? Friendship as foolish? There must be a reason....." Aloud he simply said, "Why not? All of us need friends. Friendship is one of the greatest gifts one person can offer another. How do you not have many friends? You've a... charming personality, and are quite lovely. Beautiful, some would say. You've a kind heart Mayana. Don't disdain it."
Back to top Go down
Mayana Ricochet

Mayana Ricochet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Mayana looked over at the boy with a disgusted expression. Friendship... the very mention of the name sparked an anger in her, and she stood up once more, marching towards him looking as if she could spit venom at any point in time.
"Don't you dare lecture me about friends! I do not want friends! I do not need friends! Why is a companion that may betray me at any moment so necessary? Why must I have this... this person to argue with constantly? I. Do. Not. Need. Friends!" she hissed, her voice rising with every sentence.
"Now leave me be, despicable boy!" she screeched, tears pricking at her eyes. How dare such a boy bring up her memories. Memories. They were useless too.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lealswerd

Martin Lealswerd

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Martin stood there, reeling in shock. The absolute despair and agony in the girl's voice was terrible. He reached out to her, and swept a tear off of her cheek. "Look at me Mayana." He stared into her beautiful eyes, so full of sorrow and pain and regret. "True friends never abandon each other. They get mad. They yell, and scream, and pitch fits. But in the end they make up, because something more important and vastly more powerful than their differences and anger binds them together: love. If you really wish for me to leave, I shall. I am sorry to have caused you pain. That was not my intent." He kissed her hand softly, and turned to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)   Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wandering in the woods is fun. (Open to everyone.)
Page 1 of 1